Monday 14 January 2013

My last post from Paris

After writing so many posts with my classic "My first..." it seems really strange to now be writing the only "My last..." one. 

As I stuff all my things into my 5 suitcases (Yes I am a guy, you can check if you like), all I can think is: Where has the time gone? 

It seems like just yesterday that I arrived bright-eyed and-- OK who am I kidding, after an 8-hour overnight coach journey I was about as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as roadkill... Nevertheless, the sentiment of little Essexmouse coming to the wonders of the big city remains.

The last half-year has been full of firsts (like busking on the metro) as well as some lasts (like busking on the metro).

We should leave it to the pros
I've had the good fortune to meet a lot of amazing people, visit some great places and to indulge in plenty of good food (mostly cooked by a certain Irish girl) and (probably too much) drink.

Like with this guy

From being serenaded in a restaurant where all the lyrics seemed to revolve around me being brown ("Bollywood nanana Bombay" etc) to getting stuck in a lift for an hour, I've had plenty of surreal moments - who can forget my infamous 'condoms in the bread' incident. And it's going to be hard to break the habit of automatically saying "pardon" whenever I bump into someone.

Can you believe in my 6 months here, I hadn't taken a single photo in front of the Eiffel Tower until 2 days ago?

Obligatory Eiffel Tower photo

Thanks for my farewell dinner, beautiful people

All in all, I guess you could say Paris has definitely left its mark on me. 

Thanks to everything and everyone who made the last six months the best of my life (so far) and thank you, dear reader, for following my adventures.


So for the last time folks,

Peace From Paris.


4 comments:

  1. Fantastique! Bon voyage mon ami. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While reading, I automatically thought of a quote of Hemmingway: "If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast."

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been fun reading about all your Paris first, hope this isn't your last

    ReplyDelete